Salem Public Schools Mission Statement
By being student focused in everything we do,
by fostering the best teaching and learning practices, and
by using the rich resources in the Salem community,
the mission of the Salem Public Schools is
to inspire students to realize their full potential and
to prepare them to function successfully in a complex world.
1. To maximize the opportunities for each student to succeed academically, emotionally, and socially to become productive members of a global economy and thoughtful participants in a democratic society.
2. To develop, expand, and/or improve curriculum models and implement best instructional practices.
3. To provide leadership by establishing a learning community in Salem through partnerships with higher education, community organizations, and businesses.
4. To establish a plan for ensuring successful leadership development and professional growth at all levels.
5. To ensure safe and state-of-the-art facilities in order to provide optimal environments for student achievement and community learning